Martin & Gifford’s attorneys have over 30 combined years of experience in the real estate brokerage industry, and are focused on servicing the legal needs of real estate agents and brokerage firms. We are counsel for the North Carolina Association of REALTORS® and several local REALTOR® associations, and we represent real estate brokerage companies and individual real estate agents across North Carolina in a wide variety of legal matters including:
- Disciplinary cases before the North Carolina Real Estate Commission
- Litigation involving real estate;
- Residential foreclosures and homeowner association liens or collections
- Reviewing policy and procedure manuals for real estate firms
- Creating independent contractor agreements for firms and agents
- Drafting custom contract forms for use in real estate transactions
- Helping real estate agents create and license business entities including LLCs
- Consulting on real estate license law compliance
- Drafting lease agreements and handling landlord/tenant disputes and summary ejectments; and
- Giving advice to local associations of REALTORS® on vendor contracts, proper handling of ethics and arbitration cases, and Multiple Listing Service (MLS) bylaws.
Our lawyers give presentations across the State at local associations of REALTORS®, real estate brokerage firms, and other groups on standard real estate forms, updates on the law, and many other topics of interest to the real estate brokerage community.
In every case, we are dedicated to making sure our clients get the best result possible. Contact us today to see how we can help you.
T: (336) 714-0333
F: (336) 714-0334
301 N. Main Street, Suite 2200
Winston-Salem, NC 27101