Information for Real Estate Brokerage Firms
Since 2005, our firm has served both large and small real estate firms in a wide variety of cases, and our attorneys have experience in:
- Defending civil claims such as breach of contract and unfair and deceptive trade practices
- Filing civil lawsuits for breach of contract and other civil claims
- Foreclosing on properties in default
- Pursuing summary ejectment (eviction) of delinquent tenants.
At Martin & Gifford, our attorneys have litigated throughout North Carolina’s trial and appellate courts, and we are recognized across the State for our focus on the real estate brokerage industry. Our experience means our attorneys will evaluate your case comprehensively to make sure you receive sound advice.
Transactional and Business Services
The business of real estate is an art that often requires custom forms, contracts, and other legal support. Will Martin has long-served on the Forms Committee of the North Carolina Association of REALTORS®, and our attorneys have experience drafting:
- Custom forms for real estate transactions to complement the standard forms available from NCAR
- Independent contractor agreements for agents and firms
- Team agreements for real estate groups formed under firms
- Policy and procedure manuals for firms
- Lease agreements and custom lease addendums
- Business formation and licensing documents.
Whether you are a new real estate firm needing start-up guidance or an existing firm trying to solve a transactional problem or tighten up your existing procedures, Martin & Gifford can provide the advice you need.
Our experience and knowledge of the real estate industry make our attorneys well-qualified to give presentations on a variety real estate topics. Call our office to schedule an entertaining and informative presentation for your local meeting.
T: (336) 714-0333
F: (336) 714-0334
301 N. Main Street, Suite 2200
Winston-Salem, NC 27101